Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Twisted pair overhead power lines? Why?

On 02/07/2016 3:18 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

I'm about 60 miles north of the Kansas border. The worst storm
for power outage was in the spring of 1976. There's a bit here
http://nlcs1.nlc.state.ne.us/docs/pi.../storm1976.pdf if anyone
is interested. Pictures of helicopters hauling assembled structures
included.

So you got hammered a week ago??? How far from Goodland, on north or
farther east/west? They're straight north of us 180 mi or so...

I forget which year it was our ice was so bad, but per typical SW KS it
also came w/ 50+ mph sustained wind, gusts to 70-80 mph estimated...