Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default What's a good brand name for Toilets?

On Sun, 07 Feb 2016 10:16:07 -0700, Arthur Conan Doyle
wrote:

You should ignore hearsay and Usenet posts and use some objective information.

True. Some posters here have real life experience and freely share it.
It should always be independently verified, of course.

Derby posted about his 6 year old toilet so checked into it. The
model will save ~$250 +/-. Compared to one I was looking at.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/0e/0e35f62a-b331-4c4b-80dd-c1d9e7f1824f.pdf

The MaP scores were originally developed by the Canadian Waste Water Association
a decade or so ago. They've since been spun off into a separate organization.

http://www.map-testing.com/

It's important to ignore MaP ratings on boxes or from manufacturers and stick to
the reported scores. Some less than repuatble companies create their own MaP
rating.

Nice link, thanks. I checked the above toilet and it is one of the
"highly recommended" (middle range). I'll save money for guns, ammo
and more boy stuff :-)

Good advice from the link.