Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Repair of an Asong AS-250 X-axis power feed

On Feb 7, 2016, Chuck Gambill wrote
(in sgroups.com):

replying to Joseph Gwinn, Chuck Gambill wrote:
Where can I get this pot I have a ASONG 150 lbs. 110 volt unit really I have

3
on my mill. But the one most used left and right control longitude doesn't
work its full power or no power. Wondering do you install them?

The follow-on is that I found and installed a 5-watt wirewound pot to replace
the failed carbon-film pot, and was happy for a few weeks, until the Asong
unit burned the wirewound pot out too. At which point I gave up on the Asong,
and bought a new unit from Servo, specifically their low-cost Taiwan-built
unit, which works well. Installation did require some lathe work to fit to my
Millrite.

Joe Gwinn