Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Completely OT : Qbasic

On 02/07/2016 09:51 AM, Don Y wrote:

snipped but read

Having your own book is kind of the 21st century version of a business
card.
They only cost $6 each or so.

Here is what might have gotten me off to a bad start.

In high school, for a science project I built a code practice oscillator.

It was 100% from scratch and I thought I did a great job.

When I asked my teacher why she only gave me a "C" she informed me that
all I did was assemble a kit.

She absolutely did not believe I had built the whole thing myself.

After I brought in a note from my parents, she reluctantly raised my
grade to a B+

She could not even give me an "A" because I think she still did not
believe that I did it myself. She probably thought that if it was not
from a kit, then my father did it or helped me.