Mark D. Zacharias

Default pioneer vsx-d409

OK, I'm going to try to look up the stuff. I'll get back to you.

mz

"Joust" wrote in message
this has two power modules.
is there a way to detemine if one or both is defective?
i can get into it. don't be shy on technical gotta do's

thanks for your help.

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
The most common thing is a blown amp channel. Don't remember if yours

uses
discrete transistors or output IC's.

Pioneers for the most part have no direct access to the bottom of the

main
board. This would make a do-it-yourself repair rather difficult for most
people.

Mark Z.

"Joust" wrote in message
I have this problem with my receiver. pioneer vsx-d409

unit turns on.

After a few seconds the unit flashes "poweroff" on the screen and

shuts
down.

switching seems to be fine, volume adjusts on the screen. the speaker

output
releays do not engage.

AC relay is turned on. I can read dc voltage on the two large bridge
rectifiers

I do not have a service manual so I cannot say if it the correct

voltage.

There is a fuse near the power amp section that gets no voltage. This

is
the
only thing I notice out of the ordinary.

One thing to note though. The fuse holder closest to the AC input was

bent,
so that the fuse was very loose. The fuse was ok but maybe it causes
spikes????

Any ideas?