Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Tomlinson Mike Tomlinson is offline

Default DIY NAS question for the *nix experts

En el artículo , Andrew Gabriel
escribió:

[an admirably restrained reply]

My apologies Andrew, you're quite right. Getting confused in my
advancing years. Ignore me.

I'd got your Silicon Image 3112 controller (of which I have installed
and used many - still got a couple in my bits box) confused with the
Symbios Logic 53c810 narrow SCSI controller, which was a popular, cheap,
quick and reliable alternative to Adaptec cards back in the day.

Of course, you're quite right that there are no termination issues with
SATA because it's point-to-point. But my comments about SCSI
termination being a black art stand. I've worked with SCSI for many
years from the early SASI devices, right up to U320 SCSI.

I haven't seen any references to SiI3112 causing silent corruption, and
google isn't helping. Do you have a cite, please? Ta.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!