Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Completely OT : Qbasic

On 02/06/2016 08:35 PM, Don Y wrote:
At other times, I've altered text *in* photos to suit the accompanying
narrative. E.g., if I am describing a 5 step process and showing photos
of the steps and the device has a *time* display (e.g., "current time"),
I may have taken the photos in a different order *or* at different times
(e.g., "I should insert another illustration between #4 and #5").

I wouldn't want the resulting photo sequence to show the device indicating
10:00, 10:03, 10:05, 10:06, 08:23, 10:08 etc. So, I'll go back and edit
the 08:23 image to show 10:06 or 10:08. Or, even 10:07 if I can "find"
a '7' in some other image.

[Yeah, it's "anal retentive" -- but, I'm a stickler for these sorts of
details. If I'm narrating/illustrating a PROCESS, there shouldn't be
obvious discrepancies in that documentation!]

Most of my life I've been fine with doing things "good enough".

When I was working though I develop some pride and would always take
that extra step.

Eventually that "pride of workmanship" found it's way into my general
way of doing things...or at least part way.

Fortunately the deadline for me having my photos ready October but my
goal is to have the project completed well in advance.

I have three additional projects in the works and expect to have one
more complete within the next month.

My wife and I have self-published a number of books using Create Space.

Having your own book is kind of the 21st century version of a business
card. They only cost $6 each or so.