Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default The end of the UK airshow?

Adam Aglionby wrote:

http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk/20...he-uk-airshow/

From the linked report, they say charges will go from £2000 to £14000.
£2000 seems ridiculously cheap for an event that has 25 planes attending
- it then further goes on to say that in the late 1990's, Finningley
Air Show made a profit in excess of £250k - that is the amount they paid
to a chairty, I would presume they would keep a large sum in their bank
account too for future planning, so saying they cannot afford it just
does not seem true.

Add in the people who burnt to death because of the Shoreham crash, and
it seems quite clear to me that Air Shows should be regulated better,
so £14k to allow a better regime, for a 25 plane event, does not seem
too bad at all.
--
Alan
To reply by mail, change '+' to 'plus'