Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Completely OT : Qbasic

On 2/6/2016 8:55 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 2/6/2016 2:08 PM, Don Y wrote:

I have thousands of technical documents -- but they are relatively easily
organized. How the hell do you file a photo of an eagle purched on
a dead branch overlooking some rapids? Wildlife? Birds? Water?
Season? etc.

Create folder and you can put the image in one folder with your main
title, like wildlife, and then create other folders for each topic that
has a shortcut dropped in it to the original folder.

Yes, these are the equivalent of symbolic/soft links.

Again, the problem is that you come up with the idea of a
new/finer categorization AFTER you've already got lots of things
categorized. Now, you are faced with the daunting task of
having to go through all the "old" items and see how they should be
RE-categorized in light of the new category.

Ans: it never gets done! As a result, the "new" category is
of little value as it only reflects additions/categorizations
*since* you created it, not *before*!

At least if *I* go looking for a particular document, I have a pretty
good idea of where it *might* be stored...