Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default A New Leaf....

On 2/6/2016 8:39 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Sat, 06 Feb 2016 17:14:35 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

I mounted a tennis ball on a string hanging so that it hits the
driver's side mirror as you back in. There's also a dotted line
on the backup camera display that we can use to gauge how close
we are to the objects behind the vehicle while backing in. The
two "indicators" (camera and ball) have to be in agreement before
I'll let the door close! (i.e., what happens if the camera is
ever knocked out of alignment?? : )

A neighbor has a "mat" of sorts that he drives over as he enters
his garage. The mat has a "lip" (like a parking curb) on it that
impedes the motion of the car past the "sweet spot". A nice idea
but I don't know what keeps it from MOVING (or BEING moved!)
when the vehicle's weight isn't holding it in place!

A 2x4 on the floor works for me.

Again, what keeps it from moving? I.e., car is not in garage, you
walk by it and trip over it. Now it's not in the correct spot...