Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Completely OT : Qbasic

On 2/6/2016 5:52 PM, philo wrote:

I've added a bit of lighting to my house but it seems there is never
enough, so
always keep some small. bright flashlights everywhere

Yeah, when HF used to have the freebie giveaways, I'd make a point of
collecting the little 3AAA LED lights to scatter around the house
for "close in" work. A shame they are AAA instead of AA!

The lights use so little current, the AAA batteries hold up considerably longer
than the old D cell and "bulb" combination.

Perhaps. OTOH, I never *buy* batteries to replace the (crappy)
batteries that come with the lights.

And, while I've not taken one apart to verify, I suspect the
lights rely on the internal series resistance of the batteries
to limit the current to the LED's (no "ballast").