Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Circuit box upgrade question(s)

....a lot snipped...

The fact my Dad was an electrician and I knew how to do what needed to
be done helped in my case. When the inspector did the initial
insurance inspection he said other than needing the GFI protection
installed it was one of the cleanest inspections he'd ever had. -
which really helped.
He wasn't the same inspector who did the service inspection, but it
was the guy who did the service inspection that did the inspection on
my GFI installations. I took pictures of what I did and how - when he
came in I showed him the pictures and told him what I did, how and why
- and he took off one plate to take a look - and that was it.

Reminds me of when I built my deck. I had to dig about dozen post holes
4' deep to meet the frost line code. For safety sake, I covered each hole
with a scrap of wood as I went along.

It was raining the day the inspector came over. He slid one piece of
wood off with his foot and asked me "How deep is that hole?"

"At least 4 feet." I said.

He looked around the yard and said "And I'll bet there's a four foot hole
under every piece of wood, right?"

"Yep"

"You're good to go. Have a nice day."