Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Circuit box upgrade question(s)

On Sat, 6 Feb 2016 16:34:39 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

posted for all of us...

On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 09:19:01 -0500, "Texas Kingsnake"
wrote:

That makes sense. Thanks. I am worried about the old wiring though and
pulling new wire would be an enormous amount of work. As far as I can see,
the fraying is only bad where the sheathing has been stripped back. White
wires are now rather brownish-yellow.

You can buy white (and lots of other colors) electrical tape. It wont
hurt to put white tape on the neutrals. When I was working as an
electrician, I did that regularly on those old cloth wires. Besides
providing the color, it adds a little insulation to keep the cloth
intact. If you have any red wires in the panel, put red tape on them
too.

Does anyone believe this guy was an electrician?

Perhaps not a terribly GOOD one?