Posted to alt.home.repair
SeaNymph SeaNymph is offline

Default Thoughts on the last snowstorm

On 2/6/2016 12:04 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Just a few random thoughts after a 9" heavy snowfall yesterday. I was
undecided at first, but went to work anyway.

Remote starters, heated steering wheel, a good snow brush are better
than coffee to start the day. The one I have is like a blade on an
extendable pole. Just push right across the roof or hood.

Going 25 mph on the highway is not so bad. I guess the guy that passed
my but never went ahead thought the same.

All Wheel drive is great on hills. In the past a long hill I take has
been a slippery challenge. With AWD I passed to cars having a difficult
time and did not spin a wheel

Snowblowers are a great invention. If you live in snow country they are
a must if you are over 60. Nah, over 50. Walking behind a machine is
much easier than shoveling.

Hats that cover your ears are a good thing no matter what they look
like. Well insulated gloves make it easier to walk behind a machine
with metal handles.

The tree branches that came down will be good in my smoker come summer.
Maybe it is time to take the tree down?

I don't much consider 9" of snow a heavy snowfall. Where I live, I've
seen much worse than that. Got out the snowblower after it stopped and
had the driveway done in about 40 minutes. I have a very long driveway.

I always keep my ears covered because I'm prone to ear infections. I
don't normally get cold out working in the snow, which is a good thing
since sometimes I have to put on snow shoes to get to the wood pile.

I'm from the south, but I love the winter's up here.

All you need are the right kind of clothes and you're good to go!