Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default Does anyone remember ARCO Graphite Oil?

On Sat, 6 Feb 2016 06:49:49 -0900, Larry wrote:

On 2/5/2016 8:21 PM, wrote:
Normally a PDF will just download onto my harddrive. But now that you
said it, it's one of those online viewers. Not the first time I had
problems with those. And since I have my own viewer, who needs it
online. The web has gotten too complicated!

Chrome is not made for Win98. I have Firefox, and also a real simple
browser called Off By One. I have a few others installed too, but I gave
up when it locked firefox, forcing me to use the 3 finger salute.

At work I use a $4000 graphics workstation loaded with memory and fast processors
yet there are some websites out there that are so loaded with scripts, flash,
silverlight and banner ads that it crashes/hangs my browser.

Makes me wonder WTF they are trying to accomplish.

I wonder the same thing. If a company wants to sell products, or a
person wants people to view their website, shouldn't it be usable by
EVERYONE. I dont have any choice. I'm stuck with dialup internet because
that is all I can get which is affordable. If I want to buy a car part,
I want quick access to the parts being sold, description, price, and a
small picture or two. What else is needed?????

Seems some sites have gone crazy with useless features. They may create
some fancy looking effects, but in the end, they are hurting their
sales. I personally wont wait very long for sites that take forever to
load, and if sites cause my browser to freeze or other problems, I wont
go to their site ever again. I also think that videos are overused these
days. I was looking at pool cue sticks, and some of them had videos.
WHY? Just show me a clear photo of the stick and some text to explain
what it's made from, and it's weight, size, and so on... Same thing when
i was trying to find a wiring diagram for my farm tractor. I found a
video, which took over an hour to download, and it showed 5 minutes of
the guy walking to his garage to get his tools, 2 min of the guy
pointing to the generator and telling me that this is the generator, and
so on.... One simple photo, with the parts labelled would have given me
more information...