Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Enjoy this picture of a 4,500 HP electric motor (telephone hybrid)

On Feb 6, 2016, Jim Wilkins wrote
(in article ):

idwrote in
message ...
On 2016-02-06, Jim wrote:

I often look at all that stuff, and I find extreme ingenuity with
which people overcame limitations of their current technologies, it
is
fascinating.

Tbe one that impresses me most is the old analog telephone which does
everything over two wires without active electronics, only one very
clever transformer, speaker and carbon mike. I couldn't quickly find a
circuit description and should return to fixing my fallen TV antenna
that had me abseiling down the snow-covered roof.

Here is the core circuit of the pre-transistor circuit:

..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_hybrid

Joe Gwinn