Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Completely OT : Qbasic

On 02/06/2016 11:05 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 02/05/2016 07:22 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 15:58:34 -0600, philo wrote:

I also recall having to apply a patch to Win95 to get it running on a
CPU over 300 mhz

W98 works fine on a P4. Never had much use for W95. I was running Warp
in those days.

I actually installed W95 recently (on a Pentium-II compatible Celeron at
333MHz). I wanted to see what my website looked like on MSIE 2.

W95 won't recognize my ethernet card (W98 will), but I have an old
dial-up modem. No dial-up ISP, but I actually have a FREESCO setup
(provides dial-up network access) for another purpose (I can say
something about that if anybody cares.).

BTW, MSIE 2 will work with my home server, but doesn't support cookies.
It will NOT work with a shared hosting server (no Host: header).
Apparently, an upgraded version exists but I have no access to that.

Glad the 333mhz CPU allowed Win95 to run

First time I went on-line I used IE2

One of my friends had me update to IE5 at once, it was when IE5 had just
come out....so it must have been 1999