Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Completely OT : Qbasic

On 02/06/2016 02:08 PM, Don Y wrote:

Huge time saver as I repair lots of kit for friends and neighbors.
Keeping track of which screw came out of which hole is a real
challenge, otherwise!

SWMBO takes large numbers of (casual) photos -- mainly to capture
textures and shadows as potential subjects for her artwork. But,
then is faced with the daunting task of TRACKING and ORGANIZING
all of those photos (e.g., she may take 100 snapshots over the
course of a 3 hour hike -- and do that once or twice a week!)

I have thousands of technical documents -- but they are relatively easily
organized. How the hell do you file a photo of an eagle purched on
a dead branch overlooking some rapids? Wildlife? Birds? Water?
Season? etc.

At least if *I* go looking for a particular document, I have a pretty
good idea of where it *might* be stored...

Yep, I found it impossible to get my slides and negatives organized
until I finally scanned everything. Now I can do something with them
finally.

As to digital cameras, I have a friend who is such a geek...even though
he is younger than me and skinnier, I've seen him just take a photo of
something on the ground so he does not have to bend over to take a
closer look.

I am not quite that lazy