Rheilly Phoull

Default Safety issue concerning the series light bulb trick

"Leo Meyer" wrote in message
Hello!

I found a description of a series light bulb circuit on the net at
http://www.vintage-radio.com/project...-limiter.shtml
and there's a statement which confused me a bit:

"Note that the lamp is in the live side of the mains supply, not the

neutral.
This is for safety, so that the neutral side (and the chassis in AC/DC

sets)
stays close to earth potential no matter how much voltage is dropped

across
the lamp."

Now I built an isolation transformer into a box with a lamp socket

connected
to a bypass switch, i.e. if the switch is open both socket pins are
disconnected.

Which side of the tranny is the lamp ??
If you put it in the secondary it will reduce the "finger" hazard also the
ground for instruments I imagine.

--
Regards ............... Rheilly Phoull