Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Completely OT : Qbasic

On Sat, 6 Feb 2016 11:48:14 -0600, philo wrote:

On 02/06/2016 10:15 AM, Don Y wrote:
On 2/6/2016 3:25 AM, philo wrote:
On 02/05/2016 11:12 PM, Don Y wrote:

Back then, I was more active in the FOSS community ("made the time" to
be so). Now, there aren't enough hours in the day for me to do what
*I* want to do, let alone contribute to others! :-/

Years ago all I did was fool with computers but I did little actual work
but now I'm actually doing useful things.

Given that my job is designing them, I tend to want to have very little to
do with them in my "off time" :

Understood.

I was not terribly interested in computers at all until I got into
digital photography. Though I am not usually an early adapter, I started
in the year 2000 when it became affordable.

I had a "first day ship" 5150 PC1" but I bought it used in 84 from the
guy at work who bought it originally. That had two 128 m floppies, 16k
and an 8088.
It kept getting upgrades as I accumulated parts and ended up being
640k with a 30m Seagate.
My next machine was an AT in a wooden box. ;-)