Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thoughts on the last snowstorm

On 2016-02-06, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Going 25 mph on the highway is not so bad. I guess the guy that
passed my but never went ahead thought the same.

Tires are a bigger factor than most ppl realize. Buy the right
brand/type for yer season.

Hats that cover your ears are a good thing no matter what they look
like. Well insulated gloves make it easier to walk behind a machine
with metal handles.

Mittens are better than gloves for keeping yer phalanges warm. My hat
covers my ears.

The tree branches that came down will be good in my smoker come
summer.

Watch that snow!! Last yr, we had a storm of 14 inches of powder
snow. No problem. A week later, we got a mere 5" of the wettest snow
I've ever seen. I call it the "pruning snow" cuz of all the tree
branches that caved under the weight of that incredibly wet five
inches! Caved my golf-cart roof, too!! No kidding. Five inches,
max!, and there were broken tree branches throughout the valley. Now,
I pay attention to jes what kinda snow is falling. 8|

nb

3/4 inch of ice is even worse. Brings down whole trees - not just
branches!!!

I have heated grips on my blower and "hot-paws" gloves and my hands
still get cold.