Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default A New Leaf....

On Sat, 6 Feb 2016 13:28:50 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/6/2016 12:51 PM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I've only had photoelectric safeties on the garage doors for a couple of
months as that's when I replaced the two 30 year old Craftsman openers
which were given up their ghosts with brand new Craftsman openers which
came with photoelectric safety stuff I added when changing out the openers.

That photoelectric stuff wasn't around when I installed the original
openers, so I never really had any experience with it and didn't think
of it at first as being the cause of the door reversing near fully
closed. I know better now.

Jeff

Mine are mounted about a foot apart up in the rafters. So far, no leaves.

There are new openers (Marin Doors) that eliminated the photo cells.
Everything is in the power head, which includes automatic up/down
force, safety features, etc. They've been around a few years now.
Invented by the family owned company.