Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Thoughts on the last snowstorm

Just a few random thoughts after a 9" heavy snowfall yesterday. I was
undecided at first, but went to work anyway.

Remote starters, heated steering wheel, a good snow brush are better
than coffee to start the day. The one I have is like a blade on an
extendable pole. Just push right across the roof or hood.

Going 25 mph on the highway is not so bad. I guess the guy that passed
my but never went ahead thought the same.

All Wheel drive is great on hills. In the past a long hill I take has
been a slippery challenge. With AWD I passed to cars having a difficult
time and did not spin a wheel

Snowblowers are a great invention. If you live in snow country they are
a must if you are over 60. Nah, over 50. Walking behind a machine is
much easier than shoveling.

Hats that cover your ears are a good thing no matter what they look
like. Well insulated gloves make it easier to walk behind a machine
with metal handles.

The tree branches that came down will be good in my smoker come summer.
Maybe it is time to take the tree down?