James Sweet

Default TV builds up huge static charge during reassembly, anybody seen this before???

"stephen" wrote in message
Hi Jerry,

I will certainly ground any televisions I reassemble in the future.

I'm still curious about the exact mechanism for this, but I'm not going
to experiment with this set to find out. You're right, if the charge
had built up on the secondary side of the supply, and I had discharged
that, the set would be dead right now.

Thanks,

Stephen

It's probably just internal parts of the tube that bleed back to the face, I
always discharge the tube again before I put things back together as the
charge creeps back up a bit.