Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default What's a good brand name for Toilets?

On 02/06/2016 06:47 AM, Frank wrote:

years since I had all my toilets replaced, four of them.

I used a plumber as while I could have done it I learned in putting one
back in place the disaster of over-tightening the floor bolts.

The larger diameter flapper ToTo was, I think about $350. Another ToTo
and 2 other brands were about $300 each. Might have been 3-4 years ago
when I got the last one and opted for cheaper as it was seldomly used.

Might be a lot more today but $2,000 is outrageous.

Totally insane.

When my wife saw me fooling with it she yelled at me to call a plumber,
so not really wanted to deal with it, I figured $500 , so what?

When they said $2000, even my wife was convinced that I should do it myself
The first ToTo I mentioned works best.