Posted to alt.home.repair
Eagle[_7_] Eagle[_7_] is offline

Default What's a good brand name for Toilets?

presented the following explanation :
What's a good brand name for Toilets?

I know they all have good and bad points, but what are some better
brands?

A relative wants to replace theirs and I told them I'd help install it,
but I have not bought a toilet in many years, so I dont know what brand
to recommend. My own toilet is an Eljer, and I think it works well, but
I had another Eljer in another home and it was terrible. Always clogging
and so on... The worst toilet I ever had.

That alone says it's not just the maker, but the model too.

The best toilet is one that fits your needs. Options include different
heights, bowl shapes, styles, and flushing technologies. The best
toilets also save water while still delivering worry-free performance.
No need to flush twice to get the job done. No need to pay top dollar
either. Do you need a taller toilet, or a longer bowl? Many have
changed their dunnies for those options after they get older. They
don't want the long travel down to the bowl, they want to just sit
comfortably without stretching thier knees. Some need a longer bowl so
they don't have to "tuck in" their pecker to pee sitting. The option
for water saving is the norm here in California.
Kohler, American Standard are two of the most popular dunnies,
Whitehous and Barclay make some custom dunnies and in several colors to
suit your bathroom design.

Hope this helps get "the job" done. :')