Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Completely OT : Qbasic

On 02/05/2016 11:12 PM, Don Y wrote:

snip

I started running FreeBSD in '92 (v 0.9) and NetBSD about the same time
(v 0.8). Downloading dozens of 5 inch "floppy images" with a 19K modem
over a dialup line onto one of those 386 boxes. (I used external 4G SCSI
drives at that point so I could just swap the entire disk enclosure
out and be running Windows one day, FreeBSD the next and NetBSD the
day after!). I used to keep a shelf in the closet with bare 4G SCSI
drives each labeled with a sticker telling me what "system" it contained.

Back then, I was more active in the FOSS community ("made the time" to
be so). Now, there aren't enough hours in the day for me to do what
*I* want to do, let alone contribute to others! :-/

Years ago all I did was fool with computers but I did little actual work

but now I'm actually doing useful things.