Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Baxter Bill Baxter is offline

Default why can't I stop this da** commode from leaking!!!

On 02/05/2016 08:28 PM, Retired wrote:
On 2/5/16 8:17 PM, Bill Baxter wrote:
OK, it seems to be the CHAIN from flapper to commode flush handle.
It's a stainless steel linked type and the links keeping getting
caught on one another, incredible! Is there a chain or method that
won't tangle here (sigh and eye roll...)?

Where is it written that it has to be a chain ?

Maybe try replacing with heavy fishing line.

Ok, guys, luckily I had some heavy fishing line around so out came the
chains and in went the line, being careful not to make it too tight or
loose. I sincerely hope to NOT hear from Mr. Commode again! He/she's
been like a cranky baby and won't settle down!