Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Completely OT : Qbasic

On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 18:09:10 -0600, philo wrote:

On 02/05/2016 04:56 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 16:06:13 -0600, philo wrote:

On 02/05/2016 01:10 PM, taxed and spent wrote:
"philo" wrote in message
Last night I was going through some *old* paperwork and on the back of a
report found a very simple program I wrote in Qbasic.

Did a drive search and found a backup from a 386 I had worked on a long
time ago and it had my program on it along with a few games.

I mainly use Linux now but installed DosBox to see if the stuff would run.
It did!

Played Nibbles a few times just for laughs and enjoyed it.

I am not a gamer and never played anything newer than Tetris.

Let me know if you find an OCR to read in the old punched cards and run
their programs.

LOL

I have one program left on punch cards back from the FORTRAN I-V days

(In the same box with my slide rule)

kept it because I thought some day it would be a collector's item.

I think the kids today just would not believe the old days.

I've got a few data cassettes for the CoCo2 still packed away

I did not have that one, but did have a Ti-99/4

When the price when down to $50 I got one.

I wrote a few programs in basic but then used it just to play games and
kept it until the game port died, then sold it at a rummage sale as-is
for $25

I still have the CoCo - with an Ados controller and double dual
density 5 1/4 inch drives, a home built E-Prom burner, and the OS9
multitasking OS with C compiler. It also has a composite video driver
I built into it in place of the RF (TV) output.

I also have an MC10 (micro-coco) converted from 12 volts AC to 12 volt
DC operation to use in the rallye car - which we never got installed
because at that time we couldn't get a suitable display ...