Posted to alt.home.repair

Default footboard repair

On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 17:41:06 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/5/2016 2:44 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 14:47:57 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"
wrote:

The all wood footboard of one of our beds has been squeaking at the
joint where the horizontal board attaches to the vertical post. I
tried spraying some silicone in there a few weeks ago to silence it but
to no avail.

Why is there no glue in these connections? Everything seems to be dry
fitted together. Should I put some wood glue in there and hold it all
together with bungee cords until it dries?

Should have thought of that before putting silicon lub in there -
might be hard to get a glue to stick now.

I'd still try the glue, but I'd also drive a screw through the jint at
an angle.

I'd be more likely to glue and "pin" the joint with a headless nail
driven into an undersized drilled hole. - drilled square with the
surface.