Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Completely OT : Qbasic

On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 16:01:56 -0600, philo wrote:

I must have gone through at least 50 old floppies just to find three
good ones.

If you are going to write on a floppy, try bulk degaussing it before
you run a format.
I have been about 50:50 getting old floppies to read but the
factory/vendor written ones seem better than the ones that have
scribbled labels on them. They may not have been good when I put them
away tho. I just have a big box of diskettes and I am not even sure
where I got them. Every time I decide I am going to archive them and
throw them away, I come up needing a diskette for something. I do have
a "mapped" network diskette drive in the system but I can't boot from
it on this machine.
I just got rid of my last 3363 5.25" optical drive a little while ago
and it was about 3 years ago that I ditched all of my PS/2 stuff.