Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

On 04/02/16 13:11, T i m wrote:

Oh, ok, I only mentioned that because my first (autorouting) GPS, the
Garmin GPS V had very basic mapping for the whole world built in then
you added more detailed maps for the areas you were specifically
interested in. I think mine was 'Base World Map + Europe (down to
house level) so if you drove 'off the detailed map' (and I have) you
could end up with just the basic stuff?

Very basic, my GPS60 (now over ten years old) has some basic routing on
the base world map. Once in France the suggested route to a village less
than ten miles away involved going in the opposite direction to the only
road on the map and then a route of something like a 100 miles on the
only roads it knows to get a little closer.

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.