Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

On 04/02/16 00:27, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 21:57:03 +0000, DJC wrote:

The general problem is that if you don't have some idea both where
you are and where the places mentioned on signposts are, relative to
each other and where you are, then said signposts can be very unhelpful.

Indeed. That's why the GPS was such a godsend to me. It seems to me
that many of the road signs you are given when entering something like
the M25 are just the places the bloke making the signs knew were in
that rough direction. ;-(

Sort of. I did read some years ago that the list of official
destinations to be used on signs had been revised as many had been there
by tradition from the days of the stagecoaches and nobody went there
anymore.

I can't remember what the signs said when joining the M25 from the A3
and trying to go clockwise but it might have said 'Heathrow' and I
think that's on the M3 (M4?), not on the M25?

Depends, T5 on M25, the other junctions are on M4

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.