Franc Zabkar

Default Astron VS-35M power supply broken

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:12:18 -0500, "Bruce W...1"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Alan Harriman wrote:

Sounds like he needs a 0.37 ohm resistor to allow a 35A current at 13V. Better
make it a 500w resistor or better to handle that kind of current.

I agree, it sounds like the P.S. is working properly.

Alan Harriman

No it's not working properly. When set at 13V and the current knob all
the way counterclockwise (no current), when connected to a power
resistor it should maintain 13V and put out no current. Instead, it
puts out 2 amps and the voltage drops to 6V.

How can any PSU disobey Ohm's Law?

V = I * R

- Franc Zabkar