Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus9436 Ignoramus9436 is offline

Default Enjoy this picture of a 4,500 HP electric motor

On 2016-02-05, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 04 Feb 2016 19:57:31 -0600, Ignoramus11775
wrote:

It is sitting on my truck:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/4500-hp-motor.jpg

Finally, the EPA does something right. If anything in the world could
cause AGWK, coal plants could, though I don't believe in AGWK.
Properly processed pocket nuclear would be good until we get real cold
fusion.

I am also a big fan of nuclear power.

The power station is 96 years old. They have a 96 years old
bridge crane that is still operational.

Is that next on your dismantling list?

This is on my "hope to dismantle" list

The blower at iFly is 1,600 HP, and this is 4,500 HP, almost 3 times bigger.

http://en-us.fluke.com/community/flu...rs-flying.html

Four 400hp motors, but WOW! I'd hate to get their electric bills...

They love their electric bills, I am sure, as they make many times as
much from flying.

1600 hp = 1500 kW bill (I am guessing, considering all losses etc).

1500 kW in an hour at 6 cents per kWh, is 90 dollars per hour.

they make many times as much per hour