Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg[_2_] Ralph E Lindberg[_2_] is offline

Default interesting lathe allows tailstock to pivot back

On 2016-02-02 21:18:57 +0000, Electric Comet said:

another make i have never heard of
this is part of why i look at craigslist

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/tls/5397792520.html

looks very well robust

the motor on that is large

Brent English (owner) makes a great lathe, The American Beauty has been
my dream lathe since I saw S/N 2 at the Portland Symposium years ago

I learned of it only recently. I have a General 160 that I power
through a jack shaft for lower speeds and it seems to be causing
problems with excess vibration.
I'd like to upgrade to one in the Robust/Oneway class. The Laguna
appears to be a good but less expensive alternative.
Graham

Laguna are made by the Burt Group (China), the same group that makes
Grizzly, Harbor Freight, Busy Bee, Master Craft and many other "import"
brands