Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Trimming broken limbs

On Fri, 05 Feb 2016 01:00:50 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 04 Feb 2016 19:47:50 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 04 Feb 2016 22:01:08 -0500,
wrote:

I took down a 40' fichus tree in pieces because there was no room to
just drop it. I got a big articulated man lift and cut from the top
down. It was really pretty easy and I never felt like I was in any
danger.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Ficus%20down.jpg

I filled a 30 yard dumpster

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Hort%20dumpster%20full.jpg

Dang. I've never seen a Ficus that big at a typical home property. I
know if they get water they grow like mad. Next to a sewer septic line
/ field or near a natural spring.

It is pretty wet back there and the water table is about 4 feet down.

They are related to the Banyan trees. Ever see the one at the old Lee
county courthouse?

Many times.
I used to be downtown several times a week. My neighbor has a banyan
and it is a weed too.

There is a very old picture of the "hanging judge", he tossed a rope
over the banyan tree branch at the court house. Shown in the Ft Myers
News Press. He used the photo for his election. (tough on crime) The
name escapes me right now. Circa 60's.

You didn't want to appear in his court :-)