Posted to comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad,alt.home.repair
Brian Gregory Brian Gregory is offline

Default Advice sought on why 6.8A USB charger melted USB cable today

On 01/12/2015 01:01, Danny D. wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote, on Mon, 30 Nov 2015 17:52:11 -0700:

If you understand inductive or capacitive reactance in AC circuit.

I think the packaging is telling a lie about the 40Watts.

If you look at the device, you see the model of HC363-5U.
https://i.imgur.com/8bl7ypU.jpg

If you type "?HC363-5U" into the URL bar, you find the same device
under a different brand name, which lists it clearly as 35 watts!

amazon.com/Hausbell-35W-HC363-5U-Certified-Family-Sized/dp/B00NUREFMO

So, pretty much, I think it's a lie or a "misprint" that the unit
is 40Watts. It's more like 34Watts (35W is reasonably close).

"Hausbell 35W HC363-5U UL Certified (UL No:E310745)
Family-Sized USB Wall Charger Plug Smart Charger,
Single USB Output 2.4A Max,Output total 6.8A Max,
5P-USB Output for Apple and Android Smartphones,Tablets and More(White)"

Do you know which authorities to contact?

The who gives a flying f*** about a slightly wrong largely irrelevant
largely unexplained figure in a technical specification department of
the FBI?

--

Brian Gregory (in the UK).