Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Trimming broken limbs

On 2/4/2016 4:21 PM, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
I need to trim off some broken limbs 8-10 inches in diameter that broke off from the wind last week. I can handle the lower ones with my reciprocating saw. What's the best way to attack the ones 8-10 feet off the ground? I want to stay away from pole saws and chain saws.

I'm thinking about fastening my recip saw to a piece of 2x2 aluminum angle aluminum. I'm a metal fab guy, and by I mean bolted and supported properly with metal brackets, not fastened with duct tape.

But I would rather have something specifically made for occasional homeowner use on limbs.

Anyway, any other ideas besides these that you have used for occasional homeowner trimming?

I don't know what's best, just want to mention safety:

If you do end up using a chain saw, new ever work from below it, or put
yourself in a position where the saw could hit you in case of a "kick back".

I heard of someone killing themselves.