Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Trimming broken limbs

On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 14:21:40 -0800, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"
wrote:

I need to trim off some broken limbs 8-10 inches in diameter that broke off from the wind last week. I can handle the lower ones with my reciprocating saw. What's the best way to attack the ones 8-10 feet off the ground? I want to stay away from pole saws and chain saws.

I'm thinking about fastening my recip saw to a piece of 2x2 aluminum angle aluminum. I'm a metal fab guy, and by I mean bolted and supported properly with metal brackets, not fastened with duct tape.

But I would rather have something specifically made for occasional homeowner use on limbs.

Anyway, any other ideas besides these that you have used for occasional homeowner trimming?

The electric pole mounted chain saw I bought from Princess Auto for
$70 a number of years back was one of the best tool purchaces I ever
made.

A ricip on the end of a 2X2 aluminum angle is just an accident
impatient to happen. They jump around enough when held close to the
body with 2 hands.