Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hiding in plain sight

It happens that T i m formulated :
I wonder 'why' that is the case though? Do you think there is a link
between dominant 'handedness' and the ability to easily 'learn' left
from right.

Possibly, its not something I have done any research on.

No problems now with spelling, or OS's,

Even Linux?! ;-)

No, though I settled on Windows as it suited my needs. Decades ago I
worked my way through several of the computer languages.

I try and type most words without a thought but when I look back at
them I can spot loads of typos. Then it's more difficult to undo a
typo than typing it correctly because I can't always figure out what
is right. I think most people could read and understand what I wrote,
but much of it could be phonetic if I'm not careful.

My usual errors are trying to rush some typing and either omitting
letters, or pressing the keys in the wrong order. I generally have
spell check enabled anyway, to pick out those errors.

- I am somewhere
between a two fingered typist and a touch typist, I use three fingers
on each hand.

I'm still hunt_n_peck with my right index finger and left thumb for
shift etc. ;-)

Forty years ago, that was how I typed on the computer, but I naturally
slipped into using both hands and three fingers of each - it was fine
for type software in, but not so good for text. I had to, with the
sheer amount of text I entered.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)