Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT Blue vehicle headlights

On 2/4/2016 2:34 PM, notbob wrote:
On 2016-02-04, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

I flat-out do not drive at night - and I even avoid driving late in the
afternoon because there's something badly missing in my night vision.
Can't put my finger on it.... technically, I think I *see* things, but
it's just not the same as in daylight.... part of it is peripheral
vision, part of it is speed/distance judgment, but there is lots more
and I'll check into a motel rather than drive home if I get caught down
the shore when the daylight window for the trip home has closed.

Sucks to be you!

But yes, age is a factor. I'm in my late 60s and do not like to drive
at night. I can and I will, but I know the chances of being in an
accident are greater, so try and make necessary trips in daylight.
IOW, know yer limitations. Duh.

nb

I'm 70 and have no problem if I'm the only car on the road. Add a lot
of other oncoming cars and it is getting more difficult. Add rain and
I'd rather not drive at night. Never bothered me when I was 20.