Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default High Friction soft sticker type material

On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 07:27:00 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Ignoramus11775 wrote:
We are making a computer programmed robot that works according to a
program, that picks up various objects with a claw and places them
into certain spots according to the program.

The problem is that I have some slippery objects (pencils with
newfangled paint that is very slippery) and they slip out of the
claw.

It is not easy to increase the strength of the claw, so, I was looking
for some soft material that has an adhesive side and provides a lot of
friction on the other side, but NO sticking (not like glue).

Anyone knows what I can buy that would work?

An example of a high friction material are those car cell phone mats
that keep the phone in one place on the car dash.

Thanks

Rubber weather stripping for doors . Comes on different thicknesses and
degrees of stiffness . Or maybe some strips of that cellphone mat stuck on
with double stick tape .

Good one, Terry. Doublesided tape with foam shelf liner would both
give it a depth and a stickiness. Better than friction, which would
be 1-dimensional. http://tinyurl.com/jh64cha and
http://tinyurl.com/h797kaf The mounting tape is foam, too, so it will
add to the 3D effect, enveloping any object picked up.

--
The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most
likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often