Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] ggherold@gmail.com is offline

Default High Friction soft sticker type material

On Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 8:16:06 AM UTC-5, Ignoramus11775 wrote:
We are making a computer programmed robot that works according to a
program, that picks up various objects with a claw and places them
into certain spots according to the program.

The problem is that I have some slippery objects (pencils with
newfangled paint that is very slippery) and they slip out of the
claw.

It is not easy to increase the strength of the claw, so, I was looking
for some soft material that has an adhesive side and provides a lot of
friction on the other side, but NO sticking (not like glue).

Anyone knows what I can buy that would work?

An example of a high friction material are those car cell phone mats
that keep the phone in one place on the car dash.

Thanks

We use some adhesive backed neoprene rubber that we get from McMaster Carr.
I could look up a number, but it's probably better for you to just search
on your own....
George H.