Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

On 04/02/2016 14:33, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 12:55:46 +0000, dennis@home
wrote:

On 04/02/2016 10:27, T i m wrote:
8

nothing like as good real time traffic

Again, I'm not sure of the value of that (in the UK). I have it (free
for life) on my Garmin Nuvi and it works but I'm not sure how often I
see the suggestion of traffic and then do anything about it? Or how
often you can do anything about it (like when something happens on a
motorway and you are right behind it). Coming back from a 100 mile
trip the other day it was indicating traffic (red line on our route)
but gave the estimated delays as being no greater than 5 minutes. It
really wasn't worth trying to avoid it as it would have probably taken
longer.

Well yes, if the tomtom doesn't suggest an alternate route then there
probably isn't one.

Do you know if it gives you any control in how big a detour you are
willing to undertake to avoid any delays (the Nuvi does).

It just asks if you want to take an alternative route that saves X time.
You can say yes/no or turn on the alternative route when it pops up as
its indicated in a different colour.

Its constantly checking for quicker routes and will
indicate if there is one.

Is that in the event of a tectonic plate shift, the snow melting or
the tide going out? ;-)

It sometimes changes when a ferry gets suspended does that count.