Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 12:37:43 +0000, dennis@home
wrote:

snip

https://www.manualowl.com/m/Garmin/G.../Manual/229180

p58. '... Some roads have vehicle based restrictions associated with
them (e.g. no commercial truck traffic, no pedestrians or no bicycles)
. By selecting vehicle type you can avoid being routed where you
cannot legally go ... '

So, just a plain "Sorry Tim" will do dennis. ;-)

Sorry tim.

Accepted. ;-)

I have a gps V somewhere.
I don't know if its the same as yours but I remember it didn't have
enough memory to hold more than about 15% of the UK maps so you had to
download the areas you wanted.

Yup, that sounds about right. You probably used Mapsource and you
could build up the map area you wanted (hoped for) until it reached
the max RAM of your unit (which wasn't much, as you said).

It was very heavy on batteries too.

I generally used rechargables or took power off the car / motorbike.
That said I think it would last a good days driving on one set of
batteries and because it only took AA's, I could often nick batteries
from a torch or camera if required. ;-)

Cheers, T i m