Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 09:26:10 +0000 (GMT+00:00), Chris French
wrote:

snip

I have learnt some of the junctions on the A14, so that when I see
signs saying congestion j22-24 or whatever ( which is a common
occurrence on the a14 through Cambridgeshire) I know if it goign
to affect me or not.

Yes, we are back to 'local knowledge. I have done such trips when I
know it's generally 'better' (for various meanings of the term
'better'), to *always* leave the motorway early and finish the journey
via A / other roads.

snip

Signs are always only going to have their limits for navigation by
themselves, you can only put a few place names on them, that's
why we have maps as well.

Understood.

I can't remember what the signs said when joining the M25 from the A3
and trying to go clockwise but it might have said 'Heathrow' and I
think that's on the M3 (M4?), not on the M25?

IIRC there is a junction for Heathrow from the M25 as well?

It's not somewhere I've ever used ... well, apart from taking family
and friends to the airport, working round there (we did some
networking work in Terminal 4) and having the opportunity of flying a
737 simulator in their training suite. VBG

Cheers, T i m