Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Hiding in plain sight

On Thu, 04 Feb 2016 12:40:29 +0000, T i m wrote:

On Thu, 04 Feb 2016 11:06:29 +0000, wrote:

That was the badger (I think). Car park near Treasure Island
overlooking the Solent. ;-)

Notice any of the Forts out in the Solent?

Standing in the car park to the right of Treasure Island and looking
out to the left I think I remember seeing one?

Had to do some work on one once and started late as were delayed by
fog getting there,

Are they privately owned now then? If so, what are people doing with
them?

Some info here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solent_Forts

My visit was installing some catering equipment on Spitbank about 15
years and a couple or more owners ago.

It is the only the time someone has said as
they left "I'll leave you holding the Fort" that the statement was
actually accurate.

Hehe.

As long as you weren't 'swinging the lead' ...

We weren't left quite alone, the owner who at the time lived on it
left us with her two Great Danes, the thought did occur that in the
unlikely but extreme circumstances of her failing return after say a
RTA happened who would win if both the dogs or us decided we were
going hungry.
As it was they were happy to share a packet of rich tea biscuits with
us .

G.Harman