Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Laminate flooring

On 2/3/2016 3:50 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
I am going to have Lowes put down about 300 sqft of Pergo Laminate flooring.
I have a quote from them and it seems reasonable.

They did not seem to specify any underlayment for the flooring. Should
there be some ?
If so what type should it be ?

Read the directions!

I installed Pergo in the kitchen when it was still glued together. In
that instance (over a plywood subfloor) they required a special dense
foam underlayment.

More recently, I installed the snap together Pergo laminate with a thin
foam backing preattached. The instructions specifically said DO NOT USE
ANY UNDERLAYMENT.

Central to all of this is the type of subfloor you're dealing with.
Pergo covers all the bases and answers all your questions. If you don't
have a copy of the instructions, go online and download a copy from
their website.