Alain Beguin

Default TV builds up huge static charge during reassembly, anybody seen this before???

"stephen" a écrit le/schreef op/wrote on 20/11/2003
Hi All,

Hi, Stephen,

I did experience this, a few times and I think that I can reproduce
this...

In the shack, plugging a working tv set out of the mains outlet and
then carrying it the the Van for transportation back to the customer,
when you carry the set, with the tube against your chest, if at that
moment you touch the mains plug you could have the symptom you
describe.

I think that you statically load up from the tube in touch with your
body, and discharge via the main plug?

Another theory? :-?

Have a nice day,

Alain